Coming strong from 3rd place in Thailand, Alby was hoping to advance in Dakhla, Morocco at the 2nd PKRA stop. Dakhla is literally in the middle of the desert making a 10 day stay feel like 2 months. Making up for the location they scored great conditions for freestyle and wave events.
In the single elimination conditions were great to ride powered on 11m, one of Alby's favorite kites. Riding confidently he advanced against Alvaro Onieva from Spain, and German Mario Rodwald. With a few crashes in the semifinal against Alex Pastor he ended up in the looser final against World champ Andy Yates, finishig 4th in the singles!
2 days later in the double elimination to save 4th place he had a good heat against Tom Hebert from New Caledonia, landing 7 switch tricks and having fun! Coming next was Andy Yates again. Starting the heat off strong, he crashed a double 2 minutes before the end of the heat and ended up at the end of the competitions area, where the wind died off enough to end the heat for Alby.
Stoked with 4th and appreciating his caddy Riki Alby is back to Gran Canaria to spend some time training before heading to France for the next event!
1. Youri Zoon (Slingshot, NED)
2. Andy Yates (Slingshot, AUS)
3. Alex Pastor (Airush, ESP)
4. Alberto Rondina (Cabrinha, ITA)
1. Bruna Kajiya (Flexifoil, BRA)
2. Gisela Pulido (Airush, ESP)
3. Karolina Winkowska (Slingshot, POL)
4. Asia Litwin (Nobile, POL)
1. Keahi De Aboitiz (Cabrinha, AUS)
2. Airton Cozzolino (North, CPV)
3. Abel Lago (RRD, ESP)
1. Kari Schibevaag (Ozone, NOR)
2. Angela Peral (North, ESP)
3. Ainhoa Garcia (Ozone, ESP)