Guajiru Round the Island Race & Party was held at Ilha
do Guajiru, the Flatwatersea! With a wide range of participants, from countries of all over the world.
The course was exhausting, and the kiters were really challenged by it's length:
Start at Praia da Barra, upwind to Casa da Bruxa, backdownwind, running 3 minutes over the Dunes, downwind over the Sea, then upwind back to Casa da Bruxa, and then downwind to the finish!
It was an amazing Race with amazing winners!
1. Victor Adamo. BRAZIL – CABRINHA Rs1500,
2. Brahian de Leon Paulino.DOM REP. Rs 750.-
3. Tomas Teixeira Gomes. BRAZIL Rs 500.-
1. Claudia Santos Dentra. BRAZIL Rs 1000,-
2. Mariliany Marques de Meneses. BRAZIL Rs 500.-
3. Monica Pimoni. ITALY Rs 350.-
Next year the event will take place again.
Larger in volume, larger in number of participants, larger prize money and
who knows an even more challenging course?
Reserve the date to be there and join the race of next year. Keep an eye on
this website and all major kiteboard magazines worldwide, around July 2011
the next Race will be announced to take place again in November.